Free Tools, Tips & Plugins for Voice Over!
Best VST De-essers
Lisp for Windows
Remove Mouth Sounds
Paul’s De-Clicker and De-Esser Plugins
Paste Room Tone
Punch Copy & Punch paste
(you need both)
Test Studio Noise
ACX Check Plugin
How To Monitor Levels Vertically:
- Make the Playback Level and Recording Level toolbars visible (if needed) via View > Toolbars
- Drag them from their left edge so they are NOT docked (floating toolbar)
- Click on the toolbar’s icon (tiny speaker or microphone) and “Options” will become visible. Choose Orientation > Vertical > OK
- Click and drag on the vertical sizing icon (triangle of thin lines) in the lower right corner of the toolbar.
- Move it anywhere, even outside the Audacity Window
Free Compression Plugins
- Dynasaur is a dynamic equalizer with RMS & PEAK modes. Multi-band compressor or peak rider and all bands have RMS or PEAK mode.
- On the Klanghelm DC1A, ‘Relaxed’ changes compression detection from peak to RMS.
- CompressiveCM is an external side chain analogue modeled RMS compressor.
- The dlM sixtyfive is a vintage-style, Soft-Knee RMS Compressor, inspired by the 1970s-era dbx® 165A.
- TDR Kotelnikov is a wideband dynamics processor with individual release control for peak and RMS content.